The DfC Community Halls Programme is currently open for applications. Despite recent reports in the media that this fund would not be made available to sports clubs, the department have indicated that GAA clubs are welcome to apply, with a maximum grant of £25,000 for successful applicants.
The funding may be used for the following types of minor works:
- Small scale refurbishment/ renovation works – this might include new toilet and hygiene facilities, internal and external works such as car park improvements, boundary and ground works, access improvements, re-roofing, guttering, flooring;
- Alterations to mechanical and electrical services to allow for efficient use of the premises – this might include glazing, boiler replacement, air-conditioning, plumbing and electrical upgrades;
- General work to meet health and safety standards – this might include, CCTV and alarm systems, security equipment, disability access.
The funding cannot be used for the following:
- Construction of new buildings;
- Shortfall in funding for a major refurbishment or renovation project;
- Sporting infrastructure;
- Staff or employee costs (although professional fees associated with the capital expenditure are eligible); or
- Projects which have already started.
Closing date for applications is 23rd November 2016.
For application details please visit https://www.communities-ni.gov.uk/publications/dfc-community-halls-programme
Is mise le meas,Claire